RKBA Code of Ethics
As members in good standing of the Wisconsin Builders Association, we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in our provision of housing, light commercial construction and any other services. Consistent with the National Association of Home Builders Code of Ethics contained in its constitution, we support the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best housing value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- To provide housing with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligations in a responsible manner.
- To comply with the spirit and letter of business contract, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To provide timely response to items covered under warranty.
- To seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decisions of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
Members assume the responsibilities in the Code of Ethics freely and solemnly and are mindful that these responsibilities are part of their obligation as members of the Wisconsin Builders Association.
We also believe that home ownership should be within reach of all Americans.
Finally, because we hold inviolate the free enterprises system and American way of life, we pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of inalienable rights and freedoms.